- About Us
- What We Treat
Outpatient Mental Health Programs in Atlanta, GA
New View Wellness in Atlanta offers premier options for outpatient mental health programs near Atlanta, Georgia. We employ an experienced staff of clinical experts who know how to help people take control of their mental health. Our programs offer several kinds of effective, evidence-based therapies to help minimize the symptoms of mental illness. We also provide appropriate prescription medications and monitor their usage. We designed our outpatient programs to help each person meet their goals and enjoy life to its fullest.
Atlanta Outpatient Mental Health Programs
What is Outpatient Mental Health Treatment?
Outpatient care allows people to enjoy the freedom to live at home and travel to our facility for their therapy sessions. For many, this fits their schedule and ability to meet their responsibilities better than moving into a residential center to get treatment. We offer different levels of care and match each person with the one that will help them meet their unique mental healthcare needs. We provide a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and also an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that can be done in person or virtually. Additionally, we offer a program specifically targeted to teenagers with mental health disorders.
At New View Wellness, our programming offers a diverse selection of evidence-based treatment options. This allows individuals to find which path best fits their needs. We believe that healing isn’t linear and treatment shouldn’t be a one-size-fits-all approach. Within our outpatient mental health care in Atlanta programs, we provide the following services to help clients find root cause issues and develop new coping skills to help facilitate lifelong change.
Tour Our Outpatient Mental Health Program
The Stigma Associated with Mental Health
Numerous barriers can prevent individuals from seeking mental health treatment. Too often, people feel afraid to open up and talk about having poor mental health. Others don’t know where to turn for help or have difficulty paying for it. A report from Mental Health America showed some alarming statistics:
- 20.78% of adults in the U.S. have a mental illness. This constitutes 50 million Americans.
- Over half of these adults do not get any kind of treatment.
- 42% of adults with AMI (any mental illness) said they did not seek treatment because they could not afford it.
- 50% of youth who have major depression do not get the treatment they need.
Common reasons someone may hesitate to reach out for the help they deserve include:
- Stigma and Discrimination: Stigma associated with mental health issues can be a significant barrier to seeking help. Individuals may fear being judged, rejected, or discriminated against by family, friends, employers, or the community.
- Lack of Awareness: Some people may not realize they have a mental health issue or may not understand the signs and symptoms of mental illnesses. They may not know that effective treatments exist, or they may not know where to go for help.
- Cultural Barriers: In some cultures, mental health issues may be stigmatized or misunderstood. Language barriers can also make it difficult for non-English speakers to access services.
- Fear and Mistrust: Some people fear the treatments themselves (e.g., medication side effects), have concerns about confidentiality or mistrust the medical system due to past negative experiences.
To overcome these barriers, increased education about mental health, reducing stigma, improving access to services, and ensuring coverage of mental health care by insurance can be instrumental. It’s also important for healthcare providers to build trust and provide culturally sensitive care.
How Do I Know I Need Outpatient Mental Health Treatment?
The right program for outpatient mental health in Atlanta can change a person’s life in measurable ways. It allows people to receive treatment while living at home and maintaining many of their daily activities, such as work, school, or family responsibilities. If you are wondering if outpatient care is right for you, here are some signs that you might be a good fit for our programs:
- Stability: If your mental health condition is relatively stable, meaning that you’re not experiencing severe symptoms that might require intensive supervision or hospitalization.
- Support: If you have a supportive environment at home and can attend regular appointments. The support of family and friends can play a crucial role in recovery.
- Motivation: You’re motivated to get better and are willing to participate in your treatment plan actively. Outpatient treatment requires regular attendance at therapy sessions or other appointments, adherence to medication regimens (if prescribed), and a commitment to working on strategies and exercises outside of therapy.
- No Immediate Risk: You are not an immediate risk to yourself or others. If you’re experiencing suicidal thoughts, have a plan for suicide, or are exhibiting violent behavior, more intensive inpatient treatment might be necessary.
What to Expect At Our Outpatient Mental Health Treatment Center in Atlanta
As soon as someone checks in for treatment at our facility for outpatient mental healthcare in Atlanta, we perform a full assessment. This helps us understand the person’s diagnosis and what symptoms they experience. This allows us to create a list of therapy sessions for them to attend that will address their specific mental health challenges. We work with the individual to set treatment goals for them and monitor their progress.
Our staff is comprised of mental health experts who use their experience and passion for quality mental healthcare to help people minimize their symptoms. When a person has a mental illness they can overcome, we work toward that goal. If the illness is something that does not have a cure, we help the person minimize their symptoms and feel more in control.
Does Insurance Cover Outpatient Mental Health Treatment?
Most insurance companies recognize that good mental health is as vital as good physical health. As a result, they often cover several types of treatment for mental health disorders. This includes both outpatient and residential care, as well as prescription medications that help people manage their symptoms.
Types of Mental Health Disorders We Treat
Part of what makes our program for outpatient mental health care in Atlanta so successful is that we treat a wide variety of types of mental health disorders. This includes:
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Dual diagnosis
- Mood disorders
- PTSD & Trauma
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Thought disorders
Find World-Class Programs for Outpatient Mental Health in Atlanta
When you or someone you love needs help improving their mental health, you want a program that uses proven methods. New View Wellness in Atlanta offers focused care that helps people understand their mental health disorders and control their symptoms. We offer PHP and IOP that cater to the needs of people with a variety of mental health challenges.
If you would like more information about our outpatient mental health Atlanta treatment, contact us now. We can answer any questions you have and help you get started on the path to feeling better.
Would recommend this facility to anyone that needs help with their mental illness. Best staff!
As a Recovery Advocate and author in the space, it’s my humbling honor to leave a review. I’m a Group Facilitator at “New View” two days a week. The staff is incredibly gifted with a heart of service for the community. Everyone (staff and clients) are viewed as the valuable resources that we all are. If you know anyone in the Roswell area in need of Mental Health and Substance Use services, give them a call!!!
Wow! Amazing facility, the staff has been very helpful!
I’m leaving them a 5 star review because they have helped me so much with my own recovery and mental health. I can’t wait to see all the amazing things they do in the future!
Professional and compassionate staff! Willing to go above and beyond for their patients. Great new service offering for Roswell and the Atlanta area. I would highly recommend it to anyone suffering from behavioral health issues.
Simply put, the staff truly cares about the well-being of its clients. Their goal is to get clients on the road to achieving their personal best level of functionality so that life can feel meaningful again… or, maybe for the first time!
A new facility in Rosewell, GA that is well organized with experienced and professional staff to attend to all your mental health needs
New View Wellness is an amazing therapeutic community of compassionate and client centered professionals. The staff have supported me in my healing journey and guided me in the restoration of my most valuable relationships. So very grateful for a future full of hope that New View Wellness helped to grow!!
Staff is amazing! Definitely recommend for anyone needing help!
Excellent experience with this staff! They really care about their clients and provide the best care possible.
Join Our Outpatient Mental Health Programs in Atlanta, Georgia
When you or someone you love needs help improving their mental health, you want a program that uses proven methods. New View Wellness offers focused care that helps people understand their mental health disorders and control their symptoms. We offer PHP and IOP that caters to the needs of people with a variety of mental health challenges.
If you would like more information about our outpatient mental health treatment in Atlanta, GA, contact us now. We can answer any questions you have and help you get started on the path to feeling better.
Find Mental Health Treatment