- About Us
- What We Treat
Virtual IOP for Mental Health
Virtual IOP for mental health can be one way to bridge the gap for those who are unable to commute to treatment. Unfortunately, in the United States, most people who have mental health concerns don’t get the care they need. For example, according to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), in 2020 only 46.2% of adults with mental illnesses received treatment. At New View Wellness, we understand the importance of expanding access to the services that can significantly improve lives. One way we’re doing this is through our virtual IOP program.
What is Virtual IOP?
Virtual IOP is an online version of our intensive outpatient program in Atlanta.
Unlike our traditional IOP, which requires you to be at our center in order to participate, the virtual IOP allows you to receive care from almost anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection.
- To access our virtual IOP for mental health services, you will need to have an Internet-connected device such as a computer, laptop, tablet, or phone.
- When it’s time for a session, you will log into a secure video conferencing program.
- Once you’re logged in, you will be able to see and hear the professional who is running the session (and they’ll be able to see and hear you).
- If you are taking part in a group therapy session, you will also be able to interact with the other participants.
Before you attend your first virtual IOP session, a member of the New View Wellness team will discuss the technology requirements with you and ensure that you’re prepared to connect and participate.
Is Virtual IOP Effective for Mental Health?
Virtual IOP for a mental health concern can be an extremely effective method of treatment.
While you are in our virtual IOP, you will work with the same dedicated professionals who provide care at our center in Georgia. You will also take part in the same types of therapies that we offer to clients who participate in our on-site IOP.
The primary difference between virtual IOP and on-site IOP is that the virtual option allows you to receive care from the safety and comfort of your home.
Mental Health Conditions We Treat
At New View Wellness, our virtual IOP for mental health is designed to help people who have a variety of conditions, including the following:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), panic disorder, social phobia, specific phobia, and other anxiety disorders
- Major depressive disorder, persistent depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders
- Schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and other thought disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other effects of untreated trauma
Please note that the list above is a representative collection of the types of disorders that we typically treat at New View Wellness.
If you or someone that you care about are seeking treatment for a mental health concern that isn’t listed above, please contact us directly.
You are not alone. You deserve to get help.
New View Wellness is an industry leader in mental health treatment. Our team of top medical experts specialize in dual diagnosis treatment and are committed to ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual. Call us today, we’re available 24/7.
How Do I Know a Virtual IOP Is for Me?
When you are trying to decide what type of mental health care is right for you, it is important to identify the program that best aligns with your needs and preferences.
At New View Wellness, we make all admissions decisions on a person-by-person basis. When you contact our center, we will ask you some important questions about your treatment history, the symptoms you are currently experiencing, and your short- and long-term goals.
Based on the information you provide, we will either recommend one of our programs or refer you to a trusted provider in your area that may be a better fit for you.
In general, our virtual IOP mental health services may be the ideal option for you if you meet one of the following two criteria:
- You have completed a residential or partial hospitalization program, and you can benefit from additional step-down support as you prepare to transition out of treatment.
- You need a more robust treatment experience than you can receive via traditional outpatient counseling, but your symptoms are not severe enough to warrant round-the-clock care or full days of programming.
Of course, these general criteria are just a starting point. For more detailed information about virtual IOP mental health treatment at New View Wellness, please call us at your earliest convenience. As we learn more about you, we’ll be better prepared to help you make the best treatment-related decisions.
Benefits of a Virtual IOP Program
Here are a few examples of the many benefits of receiving virtual IOP mental health treatment:
- Convenience: When you receive mental health care through our virtual IOP, you don’t need to worry about finding transportation, fighting traffic, or other logistical concerns. Once you’ve been set up on our online platform, attending treatment is as simple as turning on your computer.
- Safety: If mobility challenges or other health-related concerns have prevented you from participating in on-site mental health treatment, our virtual IOP may be the perfect choice for you. Throughout your entire experience in our virtual IOP, you will benefit from superior care without risking your health.
- Quality: Clinical excellence is a hallmark of treatment at New View Wellness. Our commitment to superior client care is reflected in every aspect of our programming, including our virtual IOP mental health services. When you enroll in this program, you can expect to receive evidence-based therapy from a team of skilled and compassionate professionals.
Learn More About Virtual IOP for Mental Health in Georgia
New View Wellness is a trusted provider of personalized outpatient care for adults whose lives have been disrupted by anxiety, depression, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other mental health concerns. Treatment options at our center include a partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient program (IOP), and a virtual IOP for mental health. To learn more about our virtual IOP or any other element of care at New View Wellness, learn more on our admissions page or call us at 678-974-1155
Get Help Now