- About Us
- What We Treat
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in Atlanta, GA
At New View Wellness, our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in Atlanta balances a structured connection to quality clinical services with ample opportunities for independent living. Whether you are stepping down from a higher level of care or entering treatment for the first time, our IOP program in Atlanta, GA may be the ideal option for you.
What To Expect at our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in Atlanta
Our intensive outpatient program (IOP) in Atlanta is a flexible treatment option for individuals whose lives have been impacted by mental illness and dual diagnosis disorders.
On the treatment continuum, an IOP falls between partial hospitalization programming (PHP) and traditional outpatient counseling. As is also the case with these other levels, our IOP does not have a residential requirement. Participants only need to be at our center when treatment is in session.
Many people step down to the IOP level for continued support after they have completed a residential program or a PHP. Others step up to an IOP after taking part in outpatient counseling and realizing they need a higher level of care.
You are not alone. You deserve to get help.
New View Wellness is an industry leader in mental health treatment. Our team of top medical experts specialize in dual diagnosis treatment and are committed to ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual. Call us today, we’re available 24/7.
How Our IOP in Atlanta Works
When you take part in our IOP program in Atlanta, here’s a look at some of the features and services you can expect:
- Your treatment will be provided by a team of dedicated professionals. These experienced caregivers will take the time to get to know you as a unique individual, so they can be sure they are providing the focused services that best meet your specific needs.
- Your sessions will take place in a safe, comfortable, and respectful environment. Our team is committed to maintaining a supportive and welcoming atmosphere for each person who receives care in our IOP.
- In addition to working with trained professionals, you will also share insights and learn from others who are receiving care through our IOP. Peer support is one of the many beneficial features of treatment at this level.
- You will be expected and encouraged to play an active role in your treatment. We want you to express your thoughts, voice concerns in an appropriate manner, and otherwise fully engage in all aspects of your care.
Who is a Good Candidate for our IOP program in Atlanta?
We make all admissions decisions for our IOP program in Atlanta on a case-by-case basis. To determine if this program is the right place for each prospective client, we closely review information such as their treatment history, current needs, strengths, and both short and long-term goals.
In general, you may be a good candidate for our IOP if you meet criteria such as the following:
- You are an adult (age 18 or above).
- You have developed a mental health condition that has affected your quality of life.
- You need more robust treatment than you can receive via outpatient counseling.
- You do not need round-the-clock care.
- You have a safe and supportive place to stay while you are in treatment. This may include your own home or a supported residence.
How We Treat Mental Health
At New View Wellness, we treat mental health with an evidence-based trauma-informed approach. Integrating a variety of modalities, this allows us to cater to the unique needs of individuals and what they may be struggling with.
- Psychotherapy – Psychotherapy is a fundamental component of our programs. Our master’s level clinicians employ various treatment modalities from cognitive-behavioral therapy to psychodynamic approaches.
- Family Counseling – Family counseling addresses the interconnected nature of family dynamics and individual mental health.
- ACT Therapy – ACT Therapy helps individuals accept their thoughts and feelings, commit to personal values, and move towards positive change.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – Dialectical Behavioral Therapy combines mindfulness, emotional regulation, and distress tolerance skills to equip individuals with the tools to manage intense emotions.
- Genetic Testing for Mental Health – Genetic testing helps individuals understand the genetic factors that may influence mental health conditions. With genetic testing, healthcare providers can tailor treatments more effectively, choosing medications and therapies that are more effective based on individual’s genetic makeup.
- Brain Mapping Therapy – Brain Mapping is utilized to better understand neurological underpinings of mental health disorders.
- Psychiatry – Psychiatry remains a cornerstone of our program. Psychiatrists diagnose mental health conditions and prescribe appropriate medications.
Types of Mental Health Disorders We Treat
Since New View Wellness is an outpatient program, we cannot treat those that are currently in a mental health crisis, however we can refer clients to a facility that can help. In general we treat the following mental health disorders:
How Do I Know I'm A Good Fit For IOP?
Intensive Outpatient Programming can be a great resource for those getting back on their feet after going to a residential or inpatient facility. However, if you don’t have a reliable place to reside or adequate support, our Intensive Outpatient Program in Atlanta may not be the best fit. You also may not be the best fit for IOP if you are currently experiencing suicidal ideation or are actively addicted to substances. If this is the case, please give us a call and we can point you in the right direction.
Begin Intensive Outpatient Programming (IOP) in Atlanta Today!
Get Help Now