- About Us
- What We Treat
Mental Health Treatment in Atlanta
Mental Health Treatment in Atlanta
Our services are designed to help adults who have been living with the following mental illnesses:
How is Mental Health Treated?
Treatment for mental health disorders typically involves one or more types of therapy or counseling. For people who have been experiencing certain symptoms, prescription medication may also be beneficial.
Therapy and counseling sessions are safe spaces where clients can discuss the symptoms and effects of the mental health condition they’ve developed. These sessions can also be sources of vital information, guidance, and encouragement.
Depending on the focus of the counseling or therapy session, clients may talk about difficult experiences from their past, current challenges, or hopes for the future. Clients can also learn how to manage their symptoms and make beneficial behavioral changes.
The general goals of therapy and counseling are to minimize the impact of mental health symptoms and empower people to live healthier and more satisfying lives.
Some symptoms of anxiety, mood, and thought disorders can be eased with prescription medication. Ideally, medication should be combined with therapy or counseling. Medications can help with the biological and psychological effects of mental illness, while therapy and counseling can address the behavioral and social aspects of these disorders.
Types of Mental Health Treatment We Provide
If you are looking for quality mental health treatment in Atlanta, it’s important to find the provider whose services align most closely with your needs and expectations.
At New View Wellness, all clients follow customized treatment plans. Depending on what’s best for each person, their care may include services such as the following
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT): ACT sessions can help people learn to be present in the moment and acknowledge difficult aspects of life without feeling the need to hide from them or react in a self-defeating manner.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): DBT is focused on helping people increase their abilities in four areas: mindfulness, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, and emotion regulation.
- Individual counseling: Individual sessions are one-on-one conversations between a client and a treatment provider. These confidential, judgement-free sessions are ideal places for clients to address issues that they may be hesitant to discuss in a group environment.
- Family therapy: Family sessions can provide essential information to close friends and family members of people who are receiving care. Family programming can also help clients and their loved ones learn how to build healthier relationships and support each other more effectively.
- Psychiatric services and medication management: Psychiatric care, which may include prescription medications, can be a valuable component of treatment for people who have developed certain mental health conditions.
Find Mental Health Treatment
Call Us Now!
Signs and Symptoms of a Mental Health Disorder
In general, mental health disorders can affect how a person thinks, perceives their environment, behaves, and interacts with others. The following are a few of the more common signs and symptoms of mental health disorders:
Any extreme change in attitude or behavior may be a warning sign of a mental health disorder. Also, physical changes in areas such as energy level, weight, and overall appearance may also indicate the onset of mental illness.
Benefits of Outpatient Mental Health Treatment in Atlanta
Here are a three of the many benefits of receiving outpatient mental health services in Atlanta at New View Wellness:
- Compassionate care: Untreated mental illnesses can isolate you from those who care most about you. They may also cause you to feel guilty or ashamed. The moment you begin outpatient care at our center, you will be among people who understand what you’ve been going through. In addition, our team is committed to helping you achieve your goals. Every step of the way, you will be treated in a compassionate and respectful manner.
- Clinical excellence: Mental health disorders are complex challenges that often require sophisticated treatment. Your care at our center will include a variety of evidence-based services, all provided by experienced and skilled professionals. The members of our treatment team bring a wealth of training, knowledge, and insights to our center. They will get to know you as a unique individual so that they can provide the focused clinical services that are right for you.
- Flexible scheduling: At our outpatient treatment center in Atlanta, you can receive an array of potentially life-changing services with minimal impact on your daily schedule. When treatment is not in session, you can attend classes, go to work, volunteer, or simply relax at home with loved ones. This dynamic combination of superior care and ample opportunities for independent living is one of the true benefits of outpatient mental health treatment at New View Wellness.