- About Us
- What We Treat
Finding the Best Mental Health Facilities in Georgia
What to Look For
Do Your Research
You are not alone. You deserve to get help.
New View Wellness is an industry leader in mental health treatment. Our team of top medical experts specialize in dual diagnosis treatment and are committed to ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual. Call us today, we’re available 24/7.
Levels of Care
When looking for the best mental health facilities in Georgia, a person will have choices for different levels of care. What level a person needs depends on their specific situation. This includes what mental illness they have, how severe it is, what symptoms they experience, and if they have had recent prior treatment. The highest level of care is residential and requires the person to live in a facility for an extended period of time. This type of treatment works best for someone who needs round-the-clock care provided away from their home.
After residential treatment or as an alternative to it, many people take advantage of outpatient care. There are three levels to outpatient treatment that include:
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): The highest level of care typically requires attending therapy sessions several days per week.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): The mid-level of outpatient care requires attendance a few days per week. Many programs offer the ability to attend Virtual IOP sessions, which means the person logs into appointments via the Internet without having to leave their home.
Outpatient Program (OP): The lowest level of care typically only requires attending a few sessions per week over one or two days.
Questions to Ask
Part of finding the best mental health facilities in Georgia means asking questions about each facility a person contacts. Admissions staff members should be happy to answer questions and provide the information a person needs to make the right choice for them. Questions to ask include:
- Do you take my insurance and can you tell me what my policy covers?
- Do you accept private pay and how does that work?
- What amenities do you offer?
- Can I take a tour of your facility or see photos or videos of it online?
- Do you make recommendations for aftercare treatment?
- What treatment professionals are on staff?
- What types of therapies do you offer?
- Based on my condition, do you offer the specialized treatment I require?
Resources For Mental Health Help
When someone is in crisis and needs help or someone to listen to them, it’s important to have quick access to resources. If a person is in immediate danger, they should call 911. Options for those experiencing a mental health crisis or in need of someone who understands how to talk to them can try the following resources:
Do I Need Mental Health Treatment?
Thinking about getting treatment for mental health can be confusing and even scary. A person may not be certain they can benefit from attending formal treatment or they may try to minimize their condition out of embarrassment or being unsure of the seriousness of their mental illness. Someone wanting to understand if they qualify for getting treatment for a mental illness can look for certain signs and symptoms that indicate a real problem exists. These signs include:
- Feeling anxious or having panic attacks
- Feeling depressed and unable to cheer up
- Swinging back and forth between emotions
- Difficulty thinking or making decisions
- Isolating from others
- Hiding symptoms of mental illness from others
- Eating too much or too little
- Changes in weight
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
- Finding it hard to work, go to school, or participate in extracurricular activities
- Crying a lot
- Using alcohol or drugs to ease symptoms such as anxiety, depression, moodiness, or flashbacks
- Medical symptoms with no explanation, including nausea, gastrointestinal distress, headaches, and body aches
Get Quality Mental Health Treatment in Georgia
Are you interested in getting help from the best mental health facilities in Georgia? Contact us today and let us answer any questions you have.
Get Help Now