- About Us
- What We Treat
Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta
At New View Wellness, we offer personalized anxiety treatment in Atlanta for those struggling. The symptoms of untreated anxiety disorders can make it difficult for a person to enjoy a full and satisfying life. Thankfully, anxiety disorders are treatable conditions. When people get the right type and level of care, their quality of life can improve significantly. Our center can be the ideal place for people to begin or continue their journey toward better health.
How Does Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta Work?
Anxiety treatment in Atlanta is designed to help people overcome the symptoms that have been sources of distress in their lives.
People who receive care at New View Wellness can benefit from an array of anxiety therapies and services, all of which are provided by skilled and compassionate professionals. With our help, clients can learn how to manage their symptoms and make certain essential behavioral changes.
For clients who can benefit from certain prescription medications, we also offer psychiatric care and medication management services.
Call Us Now!
Types of Anxiety Disorders
The fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) lists several types of anxiety disorders. The common thread among these disorders is that they all involve excessive fear or worry, along with certain behavioral changes related to these distressing emotions.
The following are among the more common types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): This is the disorder that many people think of when they hear the word “anxiety.” Symptoms of GAD include difficulty concentrating or focusing, muscle tension, restlessness, insomnia, and fatigue.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder is a mental health condition that can cause a variety of painful physical symptoms. Those who have panic disorder may experience the sudden onset of symptoms such as racing heart rate, chest pain, difficulty breathing, dizziness, and nausea. Panic attacks can cause people to believe that they are about to die.
- Social anxiety disorder: People who have social anxiety disorder will experience overwhelming fear when they are in situations where they may be viewed or judged by others. Symptoms of this disorder, which is sometimes referred to a social phobia, may be brought about by circumstances such as public speaking, eating in restaurants, and meeting new people.
- Specific phobia: This type of anxiety disorder is characterized by intense, immediate fear related to a specific item, animal, or experience. Common triggers for symptoms of specific phobia include needles, spiders, and flying in a plane.
- Agoraphobia: Agoraphobia symptoms can be brought on by certain environments. People who have agoraphobia may experience considerable distress when they are outside their homes, in wide open locations, in a confined space, or in a crowd.
Signs and Symptoms of an Anxiety Disorder
The signs and symptoms of an anxiety disorder can vary depending on which type of disorder a person has developed. In general, symptoms such as the following may indicate that a person has an anxiety disorder.
- Intense fear or worry that is unconnected to a specific cause, or that is disproportionate to the cause
- Fear that lasts long after the event that caused it has ended
- Overestimating the risks or dangers of certain objects or activities
- Drastic changes in behavior to avoid people, places, or situations that can trigger the onset of symptoms
As demonstrated in the previous section, the main differentiators among most types of anxiety disorders are the stimuli that lead to the onset of symptoms.
The good news is that anxiety disorders are treatable. In many cases, people can make significant progress after receiving outpatient anxiety treatment in Atlanta or elsewhere.
Anxiety Disorder Statistics
Here are a few statistics about anxiety disorders from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and the Anxiety and Depression Association of American (ADAA):
- Among adults age 18 and over in the United States, about 19% had symptoms of an anxiety disorder in the previous 12 months.
- About one-third of U.S. adults will develop an anxiety disorder at some point in their lives.
- Nearly 7 million adults have generalized anxiety disorder, but fewer than half of these people are currently receiving treatment.
- More than one-third of those who have social anxiety disorder say they had symptoms for more than a decade before they sought professional help.
- The rates of GAD, panic disorder, and specific phobia are about twice as high among adult women than they are among adult men.
What is Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta Like?
Anxiety treatment in Atlanta at New View Wellness may include several therapies and support services. Depending on a client’s needs, their customized plan may include elements such as the following:
- Family Counseling
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
Before a person receives any type of outpatient anxiety treatment at our center in Atlanta, we explain the features and benefits of the service to them, and we answer any questions they have.
We work diligently to ensure that our clients always have the information they need. This helps them to fully engage in the treatment, and it increases the likelihood that they will receive maximum benefit from the services we provide.
Benefits of Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta
The scope of benefits that a person receives from our outpatient anxiety treatment program in Atlanta can vary depending on several individual factors. But we believe that everyone who chooses our center can benefit from the following elements and features:
- Flexibility: When you enroll in our outpatient anxiety treatment program, you only need to be at our center when you’re receiving care. When treatment isn’t in session, your time is yours to spend as you see fit. This might include working, volunteering, taking classes, or simply relaxing at home.
- Compassion: Our team understands how difficult life can be when you’ve got an untreated anxiety disorder. These types of conditions can make you feel like you’re all alone, and that no one can understand what you’ve been going through. Our center is a safe and welcoming place where you can connect with people who truly care about you.
- Quality: Treatment options at New View Wellness include several evidence-based services. Our team is committed to maintaining the highest standards for quality clinical care. From time-tested techniques to emerging, research-supported methods, we can offer the customized anxiety treatment that is right for you.
Find Anxiety Treatment in Atlanta, Georgia Today
If you have been living with an untreated anxiety disorder, your path to a healthier future may be much closer than you realize. New View Wellness is a respected provider of effective outpatient anxiety treatment in Atlanta, Georgia. Our team can help you take greater control of your thoughts and actions, so that you can start living the full and satisfying life that you deserve. Contact us today to learn more.
Get Help Now